69-11 Rotary K&N Oil Filter (HP-1008)
K&N Premium Wrench-Off® Oil Filters
Originally developed for demanding auto race applications, our premium automotive oil filter is rapidly becoming a favorite among consumers for its durability and easy removal. We’ve changed oil filters and several of our product development technicians are sportsman class drag racers. They insisted we offer an oil filter that corrected the “headaches” they experienced over the years changing oil filters.
Our Oil Filters Have Nuts
We have all been there: Whether it’s remembering where that disappearing canister tool is; or having oil leak all over your garage and yourself; or finally giving up and pounding a screwdriver through the filter just to get if off. Most of our canister type automotive and marine oil filters come with a 1” nut welded to the top of the canister so they can be easily wrenched-off with a standard tool. Most of our canister type motorcycle and ATV oil filters come with a 17 mm nut.
Durable Construction for Extreme Conditions
To satisfy the demands of racers, our oil filter has many features over and above the requirements of most vehicles. We use thicker canister walls for extra strength and durability which reduces the risk of damage from loose rocks and debris. The durable construction will withstand higher oil pressures found only in racing environments without bursting. The drilled hole on the nut is for a safety wire attachment. Required for many types of racing, the safety wire prevents blown oil filters from falling on the track and representing a hazard to other race vehicles. This extra engineering offers peace of mind for consumers who want only the best.
Canister Type Oil Filters
- Drilled safety wire holes for racing in canister oil filters.
- Most have sturdy 1" (automotive) or 17 mm (motorcycle) wrench nut, where applicable, makes oil filter removal quick and easy.
- Heavy-duty construction.
- Resin-impregnated filter media provides maximum filtering surface for contaminant removal.
- Anti-drainback valve (where applicable) eliminates dry starts, prevents oil from draining back into crankcase during engine shutdown.
- Internally lubricated gasket provides positive seal while allowing easy on and off of filter.
- Rolled threads provide extra protection against stripping.
- Traps 99% of harmful contaminants.
K&N oil filters have filtering media that allows for higher flow rates while providing outstanding filtration. High filter flow rates are important in racing vehicles where heavier grade oil is used and the oil is pumped much faster than in a standard vehicle. When the engine is circulating oil at high GPM rates, the high-flow oil filter helps reduce the loss of pressure through the filtering process.
Compatible with the Latest in Synthetic Engine Oils
Our oil filters are ideal for high-end synthetic motor oil. Synthetic motor oil is said to offer improved flow performance at cold temperatures while providing superior protection against thermal degradation.